Retail and Taproom Manager
The London Brewing Co-operative is growing. We are looking for an energetic and experienced manager for our taproom and retail store. You will play a key role in shaping the culture of the space and, by extension, of the Co-operative itself. You will report to the Directors and work with them to enhance all areas of the Co-operative. You will provide customer service in the Taproom and Retail Store and will identify opportunities to go above and beyond in order to create exceptional customer experiences and enhance the community within which we live and work.
- Creating a welcoming space in the brewery for all
- Serving draught beer
- Using the POS system to process purchases for both the taproom and the retail store
- Stocking the retail store fridge and organizing other retail items
- Ensuring the cleanliness and readiness of the taproom and retail store.
- Managing inventory for all beer and non-beer products
- Responding to general inquiries that are sent via email, are made via phone, or in person
- Scheduling taproom and retail store staff
- Leading tours and tastings for groups
- Handling cash and preparing weekly deposits
- Understand both the creation and analysis of administrative reports such as revenue reports, inventories, and the like to improve upon operations. This includes managing the fiscal budget and propose forecasted resources, products and staffing requirements as well as being budget conscious and innovative with solutions.
- Ensuring that the appropriate procedures are in place for opening and closing the taproom and retail store, for restocking inventory, for serving customers, and all other tasks as needed
- Training staff on all procedures related to taproom and retail store and ensuring high levels of quality and consistency in serving and preparation
- Some media savvy and event planning to plan and lead in sales activities and product launches at the brewery
- Attend or conduct meetings as required; report regularly to Directors
- A passion for craft beer and a strong knowledge of beer
- Smart Serve certification
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Prior serving experience is required
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Formal education in hospitality, business, or marketing; or equivalent in experience
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in an innovative and multi-tasked environment
- Ability to lead and inspire; ability to lead by example – hands-on and shoulder-to-shoulder work ethic
- Should have strong math, computer (spreadsheets, using a cloud-based POS system), and verbal and written communication skills; an ability to speak publicly and be warm and friendly.
- Flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays; potentially long hours
- Ability to lift heavy kegs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Some time sitting in front of a computer
The London Brewing Co-operative is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, abilities, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, provincial, or municipal law.
The London Brewing Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provides all necessary accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are invited to participate in the interview process, please provide your accommodation needs at that time.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com